Covid update September 2021
In line with the latest guidelines published by EA, outlining that organised outdoor athletics and running can resume in a pre Covid fashion with no requirement to offer details for track and trace or socially distance. However responsibility is upon the individual participant to NOT show up for training or indeed races if displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19.
More info can be found here.
- Winter Fell Training – ‘Barley Badgers’ 6.30pm from The Pendle Inn in Barley with Mark Nutter. Please bring suitable kit for the prevailing conditions and a suitable head torch. A snack and drink may be useful too. Be ready for 90 minutes+ off road running around the wider Pendle area. Expect to be up high on the fell and in open countryside/moorland. The Pendle Inn can be found at BB12 9JX. Mark can be contacted on 07899 995181.
- Clayton Nomads. With Keith Prosser. From 6.30pm at a range of venues across the Harrier area. All cask ale pubs. This is a social run and speed is not required. Mixed terrain, mostly trail. Kit suitable for prevailing weather required and Head Torch. Aiming for 5 to 8 miles in up to 90 minutes. Keith can be contacted on 07549 639424.
- Spirit of Sport (Blessed Trinity)/Queens Park Burnley, BB10 3AA. At 6.00 pm. Although not strictly a Clayton Club run, it was founded; is organised and well attended by our members. Social running on the roads around Burnley in ability led groups for 60-90 minutes. High vis clothing and a head torch essential through the winter months. Contact Jason Pier on 07950 458051
- Ladies training. From 6.30pm from a variety of venues around the Clayton Harrier area. With Linda Bostock and Katy Thompson. All ladies welcome for 60 to 90 minutes fell and trail moving to road and easier trail in the winter. Head torch and weather appropriate clothing essential through the winter months. Linda can be contacted on 01282 816269 for details of that weeks location.
- Memorial Park, Church Lane, Great Harwood BB6 7PT. 6.30 pm. Road and off road running with Geoff Smith. Mixed Terrain. From the football changing rooms for a 60 to 90 minutes steady social run. Head torch essential along with weather appropriate clothing through the winter months. Post run refreshment at 1B Tap House Bar, Glebe Street, Great Harwood. Geoff can be contacted on 07789 357013
- Off road run. 1.00 pm. A social group run at a steady pace for up to two hours with Paul Healey. A variety of venues are used across the wider Harrier area. Followed by refreshments at a local hostelry when . As well as being open to runners this group also has walkers and cyclists who attend regularly. A weekly email gives the venue for that weeks run. Contact Paul on 01254 801074
All of these sessions are organised by members volunteering their time, skills and energy. In order to help the groups run smoothly a variety of social media platforms are used to post updates on that particular session. WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are popular.
As a club we remain committed to offering a variety of sessions for our members to access. HOWEVER – Clayton Harriers needs YOU to be able to do that. Should you have aspirations to lead group runs and/or coach please contact a committee member to discuss making that aspiration a reality.