Updated for Covid 19 March 25th 2021
In line with the latest guidelines published by EA, outlining that organised outdoor athletics and running can resume in a Covid-secure manner from the 29th March, Summer training will be back underway over the next few weeks!
Please note not every session will begin week commencing March 29th
Sessions may change at short notice due to restrictions/guidance from both national and local government
Please contact the leader/coach to be sure
We are expecting different leaders and coaches to manage their sessions in a Covid secure manner, this does include being conscious of numbers and if the venue chosen can allow a given amount of people in order we can still socially distance. With that in mind please do contact the leader as listed to arrange attending their session.
To support that leader/coach in offering a Covid secure session: please park sensibly and try not to congregate in close proximity at the start and finish of sessions. Please do not attend if you are displaying symptoms or if someone in your immediate household is isolating. Please make sure the leader has your contact number and name (for track and trace purposes). Please bring some hand gel to sanitise your hands immediately before and after the session. Please be courteous of other users in the space you are training in – although the lockdown is lifting slowly, passers by may not be aware that we are able to train in groups again as part of that process.
More info can be found here.
- Beginners off road running. Starting end of April. More details to follow.
- FROM MARCH 30th Rowley Park Run. BB10 3JS. At 6.30pm. With Chris Holdsworth. Improvers welcome. Expect mixed terrain for 60 to 90 minutes of running with drills and exercises designed to take your running to the next level for you. This session is also open to 16+ Juniors. There is plenty of street parking here, please park considerately of local residents and do not use the pub car park! Chris can be contacted on 07852 652708.
- FROM APRIL 6th Summer Fell Training 6.30pm from a variety of venues over the summer with Mark Nutter. Please bring suitable kit for the prevailing conditions. A snack and drink may be useful too. Be ready for 90 minutes+ off road running around the area as follows: April – Sabden. NOT the car park – please use the large lay by north west of Sabden toward the Nic and ski slope, but before the cattle grid on the right hand side from Sabden. May – Barley, June -Worsthorne, July – Worston, August – Peel Park (Accrington), September – Barrowford. Mark can be contacted on 07899 995181
- FROM APRIL 13th Townley Park, Burnley. Structured Speed work with John Roche. This is NOT the session of old! John and his team will be splitting into smaller ability led groups focusing on speed work for 60 to 90 minutes for those with performance intentions. The numbers for this group are limited – please contact John to secure a place on firstname.lastname@example.org
- FROM MARCH 30th Clayton Nomads. From 6.30pm at a range of venues across the Harrier area. All cask ale pubs. This is a social run and speed is not required. Mixed terrain, mostly trail. Head torch and kit suitable for prevailing weather required. Aiming for 5 to 8 miles in up to 90 minutes. Keith can be contacted on 07549 639424.
- FROM MARCH 30th Spirit of Sport (Blessed Trinity)/Queens Park Burnley, BB10 3AA. At 6.00 pm. Although not strictly a Clayton Club run, it was founded; is organised and well attended by our members. Social running on the roads around Burnley in ability led groups for 60-90 minutes. High vis clothing and a head torch essential through the winter months. Contact Jason Pier on 07950 458051
- FROM April 1st Ladies training. From 6.30pm from a variety of venues around the Clayton Harrier area. With Linda Bostock. All ladies welcome for 60 to 90 minutes fell and trail moving to road and easier trail in the winter. Head torch and weather appropriate clothing essential through the winter months. Linda can be contacted on 01282 816269 for details of that weeks location.
- FROM APRIL 1st Memorial Park, Church Lane, Great Harwood BB6 7PT. 6.30 pm. Road and off road running with Geoff Smith. Mixed Terrain. From the football changing rooms for a 60 to 90 minutes steady social run. Head torch essential along with weather appropriate clothing through the winter months. Post run refreshment at 1B Tap House Bar, Glebe Street, Great Harwood. Geoff can be contacted on 07789 357013
- FROM APRIL 3rd Off road run. 1.00 pm. A social group run at a steady pace for up to two hours with Paul Healey. A variety of venues are used across the wider Harrier area. Followed by refreshments at a local hostelry when . As well as being open to runners this group also has walkers and cyclists who attend regularly. A weekly email gives the venue for that weeks run. Contact Paul on 01254 801074
All of these sessions are organised by members volunteering their time, skills and energy. In order to help the groups run smoothly a variety of social media platforms are used to post updates on that particular session. WhatsApp and FaceBook Messenger are popular.
As a club we remain committed to offering a variety of sessions for our members to access. HOWEVER – Clayton Harriers needs YOU to be able to do that. Should you have aspirations to lead group runs and/or coach please contact a committee member to discuss making that aspiration a reality.