The 2021 Summer Series consists of 5 Tuesday evening races for members of Clayton-le-Moors Harriers only. Minimum age 18 years. Juniors 16+ by application to Mark Nutter (07899 995 181) and to be accompanied by a parent on the hill with full responsibility.
Runners need to compete in a minimum of three races, with their best three results counting towards the overall competition.
Prizes will be awarded at the end of the series following the Coppice Trail race for the overall fastest times in each age category as well as those for the closest predicted race time (watches only allowed if the time is not visible!).
The first two races will be held based on current Covid-secure rules, which means:
- Each runner must be fit and well and not showing symptoms of Covid-19.
- Entry fee – exactly £1 – to be put into a bucket (no change given).
- Each runner to collect their own number from a sanitized pack of numbers.
- Social distancing to be maintained at all times, particularly at the start and finish.
- Runners to take care when touching stiles / gates posts etc.
Entry fee £1 per race on the day only.
Results will be posted on the club’s website soon after each race.
|20th April||6:30pm||Witches’ Clough 4M/1000′||Map||Car Park towards Nick O’Pendle, Sabden. Map ref: SD 775 381|
|18th May||6:30pm||Ogden Valley Round 6M/1500′||Map||Public car park, Barley BB12 9JX|
|20th July||6:30pm||Race 1: Uphill Fell 1.8M/1280′
Race 2: Downhill Fell 2.9M/1355′
|Calf’s Head, Worston BB7 1QA|
|17th August||6:30pm||Coppice Trail (three laps). In memory of Tony Aspin. 5.5M/1000′||Map||Peel Park, Turkey Street, Accrington BB5 6EW|
Series Standings 2021