…our traditional social run on Pendle. Meet at the Barley village car park for an 11.00 a.m start. This event is open to everybody (it’s free!) with the one exception that under 12s need to bring a parent or a nominated adult to run along with them. Apologies for this, it’s an insurance issue that I have no control over.
This is a purely social run, we’ll group you by ability but no-one gets left behind (the faster you run, the more you loop back!).
– This is the important bit; the weather is often poor in December. It’ll probably be cold or raining, it may well be both. The prevailing wind direction means that storm fronts often aren’t visible from down in the village, it can often be significantly worse when you get up on Pendle.
None of this is a problem if you’ve got the right kit on, so make sure you bring;
- Windproof jacket.
- Appropriate longsleeved baselayers (as many as you think you’ll need).
- Hat (or buff) and gloves.
- Long leg cover is optional but highly recommended if you usually feel the cold.
- Decent trail/fell shoes.
- ABSOLUTELY NO HOODIES; I WILL SEND YOU AWAY!!!
Hope to see you there (preferably wearing a santa hat!)